I’ve been on a chocolate kick this month. I normally eat dark chocolate all the time, but the month of February usually sends me into a chocolate overdrive. Chocolate overdrive? Yes, it means that I don on an apron and make my own assorted chocolates from scratch. It’s easy!
MAKE YOUR OWN ASSORTED CHOCOLATES - IT'S EASY!
HOMEMADE ASSORTED CHOCOLATES
- 1 CUP (250 ml) CHOPPED COCOA BUTTER
- 2/3 CUP (160 ml) RAW COCOA POWDER
- 1/4 CUP DRIED AND CHOPPED UNSWEETENED, UNSULPHURED FRUIT
- 1/2 TSP (2 ml) SEA SALT
- Step 1 Have a selection of 3-4 chocolate moulds.
- Step 2 Place cocoa butter in medium sized heatproof bowl and set over sauceplan filled about 1/4 way with water.
- Step 3 Position saucepan over medium-low heat and melt cocoa butter.
- Step 4 Once cocoa butter has melted, remove bowl from sauceplan and sift in cocoa powder and stir.
- Step 5 Stir in salt.
- Step 6 Gently stir in dried fruit.
- Step 7 Carefully and slowly pour chocolate into moulds, ensuring that each mould gets some fruit.
- Step 8 Place chocolate into freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Step 9 Remove from freezer, unmould and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to a month.